All the rumours are true! Earlier this week Postcard Cafe was awarded the prestigious Liebster Award. It was presented by Sheffield based photographer and blogger ANDY GREAVES. Thanks Andy.
We wanted to keep it under wraps and make it all very low key. Unfortunately word got out and it’s all gone a bit ape. We’ve just heard that Danny Boyle is now changing the opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympics so that Postcard Cafe can be part of the proceedings.
With a seal of royal approval! In order not to overshadow the celebrations planned by Postcard Cafe for the summer, the Queen has agreed to put back her Diamond Jubilee until 2013.
The legendary Ian Brown has been quoted as saying “2012 is going to be a wicked year. The Stone Roses are reforming and Postcard Cafe has finally got a Liebster award. I’m mad for it…” .
As news reached the back streets of Sheffield there is talk that Postcard Cafe may get it’s own brass plaque alongside other Sheffield greats outside the Town Hall. As yet this has not been confirmed.
Ok perhaps not all of the above is true but Postcard Cafe is happy to receive the Liebster Award. It is designed to be awarded to talented and loved bloggers with 200 followers or less. It is a way for more people to recognise their efforts and help promote their blogging. In the spirit of the award we would like to nominate 5 other worthy and dedicated bloggers who have caught our attention. In no particular order the nominees are….(oh yeah, click on the names to view the blogs)
1 Streetspun Yarnbombing – This blog contains the work of one very seriously dedicated yarn bomber who is on a mission to brighten up our streets. In their own words “making things a little more cozy”
2. Neo Watercolour – This blog showcases the wonderful watercolour artwork of Victoria Butterell. A Sheffield based artist who likes animals and fancy fonts! In their words “NeoWatercolour is more off-beat than traditional watercolour approaches, and aims to capture the everyday, often mundane scenes of local life, in a vibrant, colourful and inspirational way”
3. Uncle Ratbag – This blog has some truely wonderful and inspired street art. In the words of Uncle Ratbag “A close relative of Uncle Desmond and Uncle Eugene. We like to run around and nibble tasty treats and explore all over the place.”
4. Love Is In The Wall – “A place for love messages”. We can all use a little more love. This is a great blog that shares a love of all things found on our streets. Some people look on the streets and see rubbish and vandalism! Others see the love that is out there…
5. PhotoLancaster – This is a great blog with some fantastic photographs and inspired words. It says on the tin “Photography with a bit of poetry, sometimes the other way round…” Pay it a visit and make Photolancaster part of your daily grooming!
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog
2. Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you
3. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog
4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed (see below)
5. Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment at their blog